Sunday 22 March 2009

So bored

What do you do when you've listened to a band so much you've pretty much done them to death? Find another one like them, that's what. I came across Wavves a few weeks ago but have only really got immersed in his music this past week whilst sitting at home working on my project every day. It's very much in the vein of No Age's lo-fi punk, and with that kind of fractured melodic beauty that got me hooked on them in the first place. He's just released his second record, which like his last one released late last year on casstte, was recorded on a no frills four-track tape recorder. I'm also a bit annoyed as he played at The Deaf Institute in Manchester a while back, I remember getting the invite on facebook, but hadn't actually listened to him at that point. But it wouldn't have been like me to actually go to a gig I want to would it? Anyway, here's one of his songs, I think Dulcie will like the video..



I haven't really had much of interest to blog about lately, this is what happens if you only leave the house to taxi your siblings everywhere they need to be. So this will have to do for now. Am picking up a film from the developers tomorrow so perhaps I'll post some of the pics if they're any good..

1 comment:

Dulcie said...

More importantly, I think Dulcie will like that adorable peach jumpsuit the lead dancer is wearing in the group shots. Just a hunch...