Thursday 12 March 2009

She's over bored



Haven't really had much to blog about over te past couple of days.. Have been driving myself to extreme levels of tiredness trying to get my project proposal and timetable written, which is now done, thank god. Seriously, trying to plan exactly what you're going to be doing over a period of ten weeks is enough to drive anyone to suicide. Or something a bit less extreme perhaps.. But still, not fun. I was supposed to go and see the Takashi Murakami show yesterday but instead slept all day as I felt like crap. Not very productive I know, but these things can't be helped. This is becoming a boring post...

Lately I've been getting urges to start playing in some form of band again.. The other week I saw my ex-bandmates' new band Outskirts of Town play (check them out here) and it really made me miss playing live music. They put on an intense live show, very heavy, but in a good way, their songs are amazingly thought out and just sound like not much I've heard before. I liked it needless to say. This coupled with my current penchant for a certain noise rock band, is making me want to pick up my guitar again and play some loud, fuzzy, distorted rock songs and just have fun making music with other people. How this will fit in with all the art I'm supposed to be producing over the coming weeks is yet to be seen. Also, the distinct lack of any drummer friends means it's seeming like I shan't be doing anything anytime soon. But who knows, will certainly get the old amp out over easter and have a mess around, maybe one day in the not so distant future something may happen...

No comments: