Tuesday 3 March 2009



I'm listening to It's Blitz, and I'm liking it. At first I was wary and slightly upset that that they'd jumped on the whole 'swap guitars for synths' bandwagon that everyone seems to be doing these days, but alas, I was wrong to doubt them, and they've pulled it off in my opinion. To be fair I think Karen O's voice can pretty much make anything sound amazing. Just need to somehow get my hands on a ticket for one of their shows, I have to go... I've missed too many good gigs this year and I'll be most upset if this one passes unattended too.

Weeks of holding back from spending money also caved in today, I couldn't resist any longer and got myself a rather nice flannel shirt for all my trekking I'm soon to be undergoing... Also bought 15 (!) rolls of film, only to find my camera is not working for some unexplainable reason (batteries?) and won't take up the film or switch on. Very annoying. Was getting excited about starting to use it again.

I think I'm going to go to the Altermodern exhibition tommorow. I read a really bad review of it on the times website or something that said it proved just how much British modern art has had it's day and the Tate is the 19th century Paris Salon of today, and they think they are the be all and end all of art, and so on in this way. James and George, however, said it was very good, so I'm going to go in with an open mind.

No comments: