Tuesday 7 April 2009

Hello again

After blogging so furiously last month I suddenly feel like I've forgotten how to write blog posts. So much has happened in the past week or so, the holidays suddenly seem to be passing so quickly. Dulcie came home, I went back to London for a visit to Maureen Paley gallery and to buy a rather nice, Ripley-esque suit which I am very much in love with, I have a new haircut, and I went to a wedding, wearing said suit. I even attempted the King's Lynn nightlife again, but never made it past the globe. It really is appaling.. With all of this going on my blog seems to have been neglected. Along with my work..

Anyway, Dulcie and I ventured into town today to visit Bookends, a tiny book shop tucked away opposite the Customs House in the 'nice' part of town, hiding behind its humble door three floors of treasures, pretty much every book that you could imagine. Unfortunately, what with the credit crunch and all, it is shutting down, which is a shame, as it seems that soon we'll have no shops left like this. Nevertheless, this meant that everything was on offer, and it certainly had a lot to offer. After perusing three floors of what felt like someone's house, just filled with bookshelves, I am now the proud owner of a 1949 First Edition copy of Ralph Hill's 'The Symphony', a Pelican Book dedicated to the history of, er, the symphony. One day I may read it, but for now it's a very nice aesthetic addition to my book collection. I also have a very dated looking 'From A To B And Back Again - The Philosophy of Andy Warhol' and 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?', which I'm told is astounding.



This is probably of little interest to anyone reading this. Jesus and Judas are fighting on Gilmore Girls right now, and five minutes ago two college students had a discussion of the merits of The Smiths over Hooty and the Blowfish, whilst Rusholme Ruffians played in the background. This may be my new favourite TV show.

1 comment:

Dulcie said...

This is lovely. And, as spokeswoman of your avid readership, of utmost interest!

LOL at the haircut... you know that's really not what I had in mind when I took the scissors to your scalp. You just made it (not) your own! xxxxxx