Monday 1 August 2011

My grandparents' home in Kuala Lumpur


I've just got home from two weeks spent in Malaysia catching up with my grandparents and family in Kuala Lumpur, 'backpacking' to Singapore and relaxing by the sea in Penang. I wanted to document their house and the wonders it contains, with beautiful midcentury furniture in abundance and more tropical plants and succulents than you can count. Whilst we were there we celebrated by Ah Mah's (grandma) 88th birthday, a particularly lucky one due to the superstition in Chinese culture for the number eight. My Ah Kong (grandpa) turned 90 in January.














2 comments:

Frank Damon said...

Your grandparents' home is definitely beautiful. I love the garden and the cactus collection that they have. How long did you stay at your grandparents' place?

Cara Larose said...

I love the last photo with the two of them, Jian! Your grandpa looks timid but naturally sweet in that photo! Hehe. Their home, by the way, is homey. With those tropical plants they have in their yard, it’s a perfect place for a vacation.