Thursday 10 September 2009

So long



I felt an update was in need, I've been focusing on my flickr a lot recently and my blogs have been rather neglected. I went pro a few days ago and now have a rather swish stats page which charts my daily photo views and thus consumes my life by being ever so addictive. Today I got a film developed from my olympus trip and after rather mediocre results last time I was surprised to find many of the prints were actually well focused and rich in colour. It's certainly nice to know that it will be able to serve me well whilst I track down a new AE-1. Some of the photos are up on my flickr, and I shall upload the rest soon I should think.

Earlier today I also popped into hmv and by some stroke of luck beyond belief they just happened to be selling Albert Camus' The Outsider, The Plague and The Fall for a pound a piece. Needless to say I bought a copy of all three, I've been desperate to read them for ages and I'll most probably be some sort of existential mess once I've finished.

Also, in case you hadn't notice, it seems that the longest summer ever is drawing to a close. Nevertheless there are still adventures to be had, and tomorrow I am off to stay in a yurt and then on Sunday I'm heading to the Lake District for a few days for a spot of hill walking and maybe a peek at the Wordsworth museum. Then it's back to London (hopefully with a fully furnished house waiting) and all of this will be a distant memory...

2 comments:

Dulcie said...

So glad to see that the Olympus is serving you well now. To think you had it for sale just over a month ago! And do you really need another copy of 'The Plague'??

Unknown said...

hi there. Im really glad i stumbled on your blog. It looks like you might not update it much anymore, but it was nice reading back through your posts.